Sunday, September 21, 2014

September 22nd Weekly Update

I hope everyone had a great time at our Fall Festival on Friday! I had a great time visiting with my students and their families. The goat kissing however, not so much fun! : )


We will be discussing contractions in ELA this week. So, all our spelling words will be contractions. I encourage parents to go over the meaning of each spelling word with your student at home. 

Spelling List #1
1. can't
2. it's
3. he's
4. I'm
5. didn't
6. who's
7. she's
8. aren't
9. isn't
10. haven't
11. hadn't
12. I'll
Bonus
13. great
14. worst

Spelling List #2
1. would've
2. should've
3. might've
4. wouldn't
5. who've
6. shouldn't
7. who'd
8. this'll
9. couldn't
10. what've
11. weren't
12. there'll
Bonus
13. mightn't
14. there've 

Field Trip
Tomorrow I will be sending home a field trip permission form. On October 30th the 2nd grade classes will be taking a short trip to Jackson's Orchard for some fall festivities. Please complete and return the permission form ASAP. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© First Grade Scribbles. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig