Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Math and Lexia

Good morning! I have finally been given the Sumdog login information for all of my students. I will be sending home a small orange card with their username and password on it today. I encourage everyone to use Sumdog at home if possible. The link is www.sumdog.com

As you know we started a new math unit this week. This unit will consist of many components, including number sense, addition and subtraction, fact families, recognizing numbers on a double ten frame, and solving word problems. I expect my entire class to reach their full potential during math these next few weeks. Yesterday, I began introducing students to these math skills through a few different games. They loved them! 

This is Ayden and Hannah playing Race to 40. 
This game encourages students to become fluent in addition facts and number representation.


Smiles during math?! That is what I like to see : )


Here are a few more of my mathematicians! They are playing Race to 100!


Now, I wanted to give a HUGE shout out to all the families allowing their students to work on Lexia at home. You are making a huge difference. I have been sending home certificates to each child that levels up throughout the week. We are averaging about one student a day to advance. That is GREAT! I sent home login cards for Lexia at the beginning of the year. I can send home more, just let me know if you need one. You can find a link to the website version under "My Students" tap or click here
If you are asked to provide a teacher email, it is my email, morgan.elliott@warren.kyschools.us
The app is called "Lexia Core 5" and looks like this...


Here are some of our hard working Lexia kiddos. Three students leveled up in class yesterday! Way to go! 






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© First Grade Scribbles. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig