Friday, May 29, 2015

Our Last Days

Does anyone remember the last time I actually blogged on my blog? Yea, me either. I guess that's what happens when you give a teacher a workday!

I cannot believe this year is over! My first class has been absolutely wonderful, and I have 24 beautiful students to thank for that. I honestly DID NOT want them to leave! They are each so different, but have all come together to form an amazing bond that I am so proud of.

We spent our last few days remembering our incredible year together and of course, having a little fun.

Field Day. Well...my competitive nature really comes out in these situations. I feel like there is a time and place for everything. We have spent all year learning respect and responsibility. Field Day, that's the day we can act tough, work hard, and cheer each other on. That's exactly what we did! I seriously had a sore throat by the end of the day. We only won one game but hey, we sure looked intimidating.


Group hug before the competition. One of the many things I will miss about this group-they are so loving! 


After Field Day we competed in our own Minute to Win it Games.
Game 1) Cup Stack
Partners worked together to create a stack of 21 cups. First ones to complete their stack won. We had an intense championship going on.

Game 2) Gumdrop Tower
Who can build the tallest tower out of gumdrops and toothpicks in one minute?


Game 3) Face the Cookie
Students had to get the cookie in their mouth without using their hands! This was very difficult but so funny. I eventually gave everyone an Oreo at the same time and just "GO!"


Game 4) Marshmallow Stuff
How many marshmallows can you fit in your mouth? Everyone wanted to try this game. However, I accidentally bought the jumbo marshmallows which were basically the size of their faces.


Game 5) Tissue Party
Two students were given a box of tissues. They had to pull out each tissue one at a time. The first person to remove all the tissues from the box was the winner!



Game 6) Panty Hose Bowling
This was definitely our class favorite! Students had to knock down the cups as fast as they could using a tennis ball, inside a pair of panty hose, tied to their heads. Play this if you need a good laugh or self-esteem booster!

Last Day of School
I wish I could say our last day together was bittersweet but it wasn't. Most classes were celebrating the last day of school, but we were in a state of depression!! My students can tell you, I only cry when animals die, but I was getting really close when I saw how empty and lonely my classroom looked after they left. 

We started our day by reading Last Day Blues. I love this book, and the fact that my students made a connection to our first day read aloud was even better! Then, we started our award ceremony. We rolled out the red carpet and recognized everyone for their most outstanding traits. Thanks to Mel D's perfect end of the year certificates, I had an award that fit every student! 


We took a trip down memory lane for 16 minutes (I couldn't make it shorter...sorry) to watch our End of the Year movie. I loved giving my students a keepsake like this at the end of our year. I hope they will treasure their 2nd grade year forever. I have watched it at least six times already!


We shared the peak and pit of our days one last time and said our "goodbyes" and "see you laters!"
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© First Grade Scribbles. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig