Monday, August 25, 2014

Notes for this week

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
We are getting ready for another exciting week in 2nd grade. I just wanted to let you know of a few things coming up at Natcher and in our classroom.

Homework
I will be sending home four math pages this week. Students can complete one page a night for two star homework!

I am always supportive of families working on extra school work at home or simply acting interested in academics. I wanted to inform everyone of our weekly objectives in case you want to quiz them when they get home!

ELA Focus
- Identifying the subject (who) and predicate (what) of a sentence.
- Finding the main idea and use details from the text as support.
At Home:
Ask students to write sentences and underline the predicate or subject.
Check student work to make their "complete sentences" are really complete.
Have students create a graphic organizer/web of the main idea and details of their Leveled Reader.

Math Focus
- Understand that the three digits of a three-digit number represents amounts of hundreds, tens, and ones.
- Read and write numbers to 1,000 in standard, word, and expanded form.
Ex: 600 (standard form), six hundred (word form), 600+1=600 (expanded form)
At Home:
Please allow your students to work on the math pages I sent home this week. The types of questions on these papers will very similar to the questions on our unit test.

Science Focus
- Identifying the steps to pollination.
- Labeling the parts of a plant.

Spelling List #1
1. stop
2. strap
3. brave
4. ask
5. mask
6. nest
7. hand
8. brave
9. clip
10. stream
11. twin
12. breeze
13. state
14. build

Spelling List #2
1. fragile
2. shrunk
3. brunch
4. sphere
5. challenge
6. cluster
7. while
8. spruce
9. special
10. schedule
11. throne
12. friction
13. sphinx
14. breathe

Also, I will be gone for a training on Wednesday of this week. I will prepare my students for the substitute but please encourage your students to be on their BEST behavior. I am very nervous for my first sub!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© First Grade Scribbles. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig